Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to saving and/or sharing specific web content on a web server handled by a hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a peek at these. Doing so, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to own a weblog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by particular vendors, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions often include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incongruous interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the load between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various site hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a large quantity of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to handling your electronic mail accounts. Some providers offer web hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to possess an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many videos as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At ticopaginas, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific web content exclusively.